THIS WRITTEN DECLARATION WILL CLOSE ON JULY THE 15TH 2013. 15 DAYS REMAINING TO DECIDE MEMBERS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT TO SIGN IT.
UP TO NOW 126 SIGNATURES, STILL A LONG WAY TO GO TO REACH THE MAJORITY, i.e. 377 signatures.
If you are willing to contact all MEP's, please do as indicated below:.
1. FILE TO ADD TO YOUR EMAIL
2. MEP'S EMAIL GLOBAL LIST ALL COUNTRIES INCLUDED
3. MESSAGE TO SEND BY EMAILTO ALL MEMBERS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
add your name, surname, town and country.
Dear Member of the European Parliament,
For many years, the founding organizations of the European Collectif for the protection of Greyhounds have asked the Members of the European Parliament for the proper protection of greyhounds in Europe:
- Written Question to the European Parliament asked in October 2010 by Madame Isabelle DURANT (GALGOS ETHIQUE EUROPE's initiative)
- Written Question to the European Parlament asked in October 2011 by Madame Kartika Tamara LIOTARD (GREYHOUNDS RESCUE HOLLAND's initiative), resulting in an letter of concern by members of the European Intergroup for Animal Welfare to the Spanish government.
- Petition 1254/2012, preliminary investigation pending at the European Commission
(GALGOS ETHIQUE EUROPE).
- proposal for a Written Declaration against the torture and mistreatment of all greyhounds in Europe (Collectif Europeen pour la protection des levriers initiative)
The Collectif’s requests are done within the European jurisdiction and take into account :
- ECONOMIC REALITIES
- NATIONAL TRADITIONS
- NATIONAL AND EUROPEAN LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORKS
The European collective does not wish to UNDERMINE THE TRADITIONS NOR THE PRINCIPLE OF NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY, which is the foundation of the European Union.
We only ask that Article 13 of the Lisbon Treaty is also upheld for the greyhounds as "sentient beings" that need to be protected where abuse and torture exist.
Cruelty should not be a fact of life.
Indifference is not an option.
Your signature will make the difference.
We respectfully ask you to sign the WRITTEN DECLARATION 0006/2013 FOR THE IMMEDIATE END OF TORTURE AND ABUSE INFLICTED TO THE GREYHOUNDS IN EUROPE.
Written Declaration 0006/2013.
From April 15th to July 15th, 2013
Strasbourg : bureau LOW T2024